top of page

Marriage Green Card Cases

     At River Mountain Immigration we pride ourselves in having a long history of approval with marriage green card cases. Randall Caudle has himself overseen the approval of hundreds of marriage green card cases.

Marriage Green Card Frequently Asked Questions

What Is a Marriage Green Card?

Did you recently marry a U.S. citizen or a green card holder? Congratulations! To establish permanent residency in the U.S., you'll likely need to apply for a marriage-based green card.

A green card serves as your ticket to residing and working in the U.S. as a permanent resident. It's an immigrant visa granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and marks the initial phase toward obtaining U.S. citizenship.

Typically, a marriage-based green card is issued for a specific duration before requiring renewal. Here's a breakdown:

  • If your marriage has exceeded two years at the time of your green card application, you may qualify for the green card.

  • Conversely, if your marriage is less than two years old upon approval, you'll receive a green card, commonly referred to as a conditional green card, valid for two years. After this period, you can seek renewal, acquiring a 10-year green card.

Am I eligible for a marriage green card?

You must be:

1. Legally married to your spouse

2. Married to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident 

3. Legitimately married (some people enter into illegitimate marriages to live and work in the U.S., this is inadvisable and highly illegal)

4. Not married to anyone else

Are immigration interviews waived by USCIS sometimes?

Yes, under certain circumstances USCIS will waive the interview of the couple. We have been very successful at getting our interviews waived for clients.

How do I apply for a marriage green card?

Contact us directly via phone or email to schedule a consultation.

Is it like the movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock?


bottom of page